Hunble is back. (Hide the children)

Hunble

Meister
Dear friends;

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Cozumel Mexico. Nothing but scuba diving for a full 7 days.

joa_250.JPG

For a week, I have been totally isolated from all news. No television, radio or newspapers were available. Actually, I have missed being able to talk with my German friends this last week.

On this website before I departed, a survey was conducted and asked a simple question:

Which country has the most freedom. Germany or the United States?

Before my vacation to Mexico, I had voted for the United States. I am now changing my vote.

Let me tell you about my vacation:

Americans are told to arrive at the airport 2 hours before the aircraft departure time. That is not a problem, so my wife and I arrived 2 hours early.

For the next hour, everyone stood in a line (que) waiting for the airline and security people to get ready for us.

Once everyone was ready, they started searching our luggage. Not random checks, but each and every one of us were searched.

My wife and I had all of our scuba equipment carefully packaged to protect this expensive equipment. Well the security people opened up our luggage and search every item. Seriously, they even opened up the clear plastic bags and searched inside of my clothing, to include each of my socks.

Looking for bombs is one thing, but searching my socks?

Now for the funny part:

I had purchased a very expensive vibrator (you know, the thing women love and it uses batteries?) for my wife and it arrived in the mail the day before we went to Mexico. She had not been able to test it, so I put it in my luggage.

My wife was absolutely horrified when they removed that vibrator from my luggage and questioned me about it. 8O

Ok, so after 30 minutes of inspection, our luggage was allowed to be loaded on the airplane. Now, my wife and I must pass through another security station.

At this new security station, they pass a metal detector over your body. You must remove your shoes and stand there with your arms extended. Now my wife was in an auto accident a few years ago and her bones are held together with metal parts, so they detected metal on her body. Off she went for a very private strip search.

Eventually, my wife and I were allowed on the aircraft and we flew to Mexico.

Returning to America from Mexico:

Once again, we arrived at the airport 2 hours before the flight as required. And once again, we stood in line for 1 hour before anyone was ready for us.

Once again, each and every one of our bags was personally inspected. And yes, my wife blushed when that vibrator was looked at. This time, the security inspector was a girl and she blushed also. Actually, she was rather fascinated, since that was a very expensive $128 vibrator that does some rather interesting things. But I am off topic. :lol:

At 1930 hours (7:30 pm) the aircraft arrived from the United States. A security team boarded the aircraft after everyone departed and they certified that no bombs were on the aircraft.

Remember, only 30 minutes before, everyone was inspected. Now we all had to do it all over again. Yes, remove your shoes, stand with your arms extended as they check you all over.

Ok, now we are finally allowed to enter the airplane and we depart Cozumel and fly 15 minutes to Cancun Mexico.

Giggle, now get this! We must all exit the airplane so that it can be inspected for a bomb.

Once again, we spent another 30 minutes being personally inspected. Remove your shoes, have your body and luggage inspected.

Eventually, everyone is all back on the airplane and we can fly back to Minnesota in the United States. My wife and I arrived at the Cozumel airport at 1700 (5:00 pm) and it is now 2200 (10:00 pm) to travel a total distance of about 30 kilometers.

Can you guess what happened when we arrived in Minnesota (United States) round 0200 (2:00 am) in the morning? Yes, once again, our luggage and bodies had to be searched to insure we did not have any illegal drugs.

GRRRRRRRRRR!

JohnDiFool

Meister
This must be a Joke......or am I wrong? 8O

It`s FREEDOM, BABY

Hope you enjoied scubadiving and the testphase of this very funny womenthing...... :D

CARPE DIEM

JohnDerNarr

Franziskaner

Ehrenmitglied
congratulations Hunble - best posting ever! :lol:

Now do you agree, that some of the American people are going to over-react sometimes? Hey Buddy, you're on the right way... :wink:

WzP

Großmeister
Well...i know this procedure from a flight to GB, a year ago...

Boy...what might all this shit cost?

how many flights go off and into the us per day?

and with every load the same procedure???

don't wonder when american economy goes down..cops are expensive.

Trasher

Forenlegende
If you would have taken high explosives on board, the SAM-Units in Washington D.C. would have done the rest. :wink:

Welcome back to the land of freedom. :)

Vondenburg

Großmeister
@Den Nager: Nicht unbedingt. Einige deutsche Worte wie Autobahn wurden von der amerikanischen Sprache mit übernommen (Die reden teilweise sogar von der Data-Autobahn). ;)

Hunble

Meister
[quote="JohnDiFool]
Hope you enjoied scubadiving and the testphase of this very funny womenthing...... :D
[/quote]

No joke! You know what got me so upset? I have one of these ceramic knives and if I was a terrorist, I could have had a knife like this strapped to my leg during all of these security inspections.

ok-70.jpg

With the vibrator, I was laughing my butt off. Watching my wife and the female security inspector blush was worth the money I paid for the item.

By the way, the text phase was outstanding. 30 seconds to orgasm, so I guess that $128 was well spent.

Franziskaner

Ehrenmitglied
Hunble schrieb:
By the way, the text phase was outstanding. 30 seconds to orgasm, so I guess that $128 was well spent.

Hmm, whats so exceptional with a 30 sec. Orgasm? That's something, i could do every night...?
oh, i see - you've meant your wife! :lol: :wink:

Trasher

Forenlegende
30 Seconds? 8)

Well, I prefer quality instead of speed. :wink:

(But I don't think this should be the topic of this thread :lol: )

Hunble

Meister
Franziskaner schrieb:
[quote="oh, i see - you've meant your wife!" :lol: :wink:

Correct and thanks for laughing along with me. I guess it is a girl thing, but my wife was rather amazed about the 30 seconds.

Well my friends, if you can ever take a vacation, Cozumel Mexico is on my absolute top 5 places in the world to visit. For someone who has traveled all over this Earth, that is saying something.

Low cost, friendly treatment, high quality hotel, outstanding food. I would have a difficult time finding something bad to say about Cozumel.

That is why I have visited that lovely location each year for the last 5 years. Actually, we had a wonderful German married couple diving with us this week.

And if you are a scuba diver. This is one of the best coral reefs in the world.

Hunble

Meister
Trasher schrieb:
Welcome back to the land of freedom. :)

Groan!

If you have not figured it out yet, those security inspections totally pissed me off. It is one thing to walk through a metal detector. I even had no problems with dogs sniffing or security people rubbing a cloth over my bads to detect explosives.

America is at war, so we must accept some things to protect lives.

But checking my socks totally pissed me off. That went too far!

Why was this different? Metal detectors and other passive methods do not invade my personal property. Once they opened my luggage and a person placed their hands upon my property, without my permission, then we had a problem.

Last year, my city demanded that they be allowed to search inside of my own home. No problem with me, as long as they get permission from a court of law. They refused to get court permission and fined me $100 a month until I allowed them into my home.

This American got very upset and did something about that. Both legally and politically.

Lyle

Großmeister
@ Hunble
I’m sorry hunble, but I don’t understand your problem. First of all, if I remember right from the discussions I read before, and please correct me if I’m wrong, you think that the United states are in danger because of terrorists and evil Nations like Iraq. You believe that this danger is real and that your government has to do everything to protect the citizens. You believe that this danger is high enough to be a reason to start a war at Afghanistan and Iraq that has killed and will kill thousands of people. Once again, if I’m wrong please correct me.
So on the one hand you agree to a way of protecting your citizens that will cost the life of many people and on the other hand you deny another way of protecting because it invades your personal property, because it went too far. Is invading your personal property so much worse than a war? And if it is, then why?
I don’t understand this. Please tell me if I understand something wrong.

Hunble

Meister
[quote="Lyle]So on the one hand you agree to a way of protecting your citizens that will cost the life of many people and on the other hand you deny another way of protecting because it invades your personal property, because it went too far. Is invading your personal property so much worse than a war? And if it is, then why?
I don’t understand this. Please tell me if I understand something wrong.[/quote]

You have asked a very valid and serious question. Allow me to take some time to reply, since this is such an important question and does deserve a well researched answer.

As I work on my formal reply, please explain to me what the concepts of Freedom and Liberty are all about.

Exposure is one of the best methods to combat an illegal government action. Simply using a video recorder and documenting what the government is doing, can and will make a change.

When I had already paid thousands of dollars for this vacation to Mexico, the government had me by the balls. Follow the rules, or you will not be permitted to fly.

Now that I am back home, I will return to the airport with a video camera. If they have not violated any laws, then they have nothing to worry about.

Never upset a former military officer that has sworn to defend his country against all enemies both foreign and domestic.

Hunble

Meister
This is the law in the United States:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Now, if you read that law, do you understand why I was a little upset when my luggage was searched at the airport? Did anyone legally issue a Warrant or make an Oath or affirmation to search my personal items?

I3leach

Meister
Since I saw firstime the movie Fight Club I know that electric shavers and vibrators are standard situations at airports. They maybe are afraid of bad vibrations on airplanes...

Agarthe

Erleuchteter
Hello Hunble,

welcome back and thanks for the quite amusing episode. :wink:
My respect for telling us. You definitely became part of the board.

Welcome to the wv community!... :D

Off again,

Agarthe

Hunble

Meister
Agarthe

Let me tell you a little secret. As I worded my "Hunble is back", you were in my mind.

If I got you to laugh, then I achieved my goal.

Seriously Agarthe, it was worded specifically toward you.

I am ducking! :p

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ähnliche Beiträge

Oben