Terrorattacke gegen britische Botschaft in Tehran?

aschura-tassura

Geselle
Habe es gestern kurz im Fernsehen gehört.Heute kam nichts darüber. Hier ein Text auf Englisch.

Truck Smashes Into UK Embassy in Iran
By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Mar. 31 (AP) - A car crashed into the gates of the British embassy on Monday night, bursting into flames and killing its driver.

It was not immediately clear if it was a terror attack. Police Col. Ali Ahmadi said the crash appeared to be an accident.

A witness said that as soon as the car hit the gate, it exploded.

"As I heard a huge explosion, I turned back and saw a big ball of fire," Ali Sajjadi, a teenager onlooker said.

The body of the driver, burned to death, could be seen.

In London, a spokesman at the British Foreign Office said: "It's not clear if it was attack or an accident."

A spokeswoman for the office of Prime Minister Tony Blair said: "Somebody drove a vehicle at the British Embassy in Tehran and whatever it was exploded and the driver was killed. Nobody in the embassy compound was injured. That's all that I know."

She spoke on customary condition of anonymity.

In Tehran, the police cordoned off the area around the embassy. They asked everyone, including journalists, to leave the scene.

The embassy was the scene of a large anti-war demonstration on Friday. During the protest, demonstrators threw stones that broke some embassy windows and police fired shots into the air to disperse the crowd

Tja manche setzen anscheinend auf Eskalation!

Ähnliche Beiträge

Oben