Labyrint

Redeemer

Meister
Labyrinth

Darkness? everywhere around him? nothing but darkness? nothing that could help him find out where he was or how and why he got there, wherever ?there? may be?<<where am I? Who am I? >> He tried to remember, but he couldn?t. Instead all he felt was pain as he tried to remember. He couldn?t remember a thing, neither who he was nor what he was last doing or an explanation for this damned situation. Everything was like erased, his past and personality, everything. While he tried to fight the hammering pain inside his head he saw a small ray of light which slightly grew bigger until it was big enough to let him pass through. An automatic door? he waited a few seconds and started stumbling into the light, staring out there hoping to get a glimpse on what might expect him out there. The door only led into a long hallway, lit up by an almost blinding, bright light, which made the hallway look sterile. He recognised a glass door on the far side of the hallway and started walking towards that door. As he left his ?cell? the door closed behind him and the door fitted so perfectly no one could tell there ever was a door.

Since he had no other choice anyway, he started walking toward the glass door. As he proceeded, he suddenly heard a sound from above and a wall came down from the ceiling to block his way and another door opened to his right leading into another room. As he entered the door closed behind him and a hatch opened that led him into a lower section, but the section was flooded. <<Seems I have to go for a swim>> fortunately he?s a good swimmer and diver; at least he felt it somehow. Hoping his instinct is right he took a deep breath and jumped into the water and dived to the other side of the passage. As he emerged the trapdoor behind him closed quickly and a ladder led him two levels up in this? labyrinth? Suddenly he remembered something about a labyrinth, seems he was looking for this place for some reason. Well, at least he now found what he?s been looking for. Another door led him into a hallway near a glass door similar to the one he saw earlier. For a second he thought he?d seen someone on the other side of the door, but in the blink of an eye the shadow disappeared again. <<Am I a rat in a laboratory? >> He tried to find some answers as he proceeded <<? and if, who is experimenting with me? >>

A man of middle age, between 40 and 45, his black hair with white temples had a military-style haircut, which gave him the looks of a high ranking military commander, but he was wearing a custom-made, expensive black suit. No doubt he had nothing to worry about, not even the tremendous bounty on his head, because he is the leader of the syndicate and there?s nothing? no one that couldn?t be bought for the right price. He was a poor man?s child and built the syndicate out of nothing with his blood, sweat and tears. Wasn?t exactly his blood, but the blood of traitors, enemies and former friends. Like the blood, the tears also aren?t his. These are the tears of countless widows and orphans he left behind as he was working his way up to the top. Watching about a dozen monitors that are all linked to surveillance cameras which cover the entire labyrinth, he?s sitting in his office. Of course there were more important things to do, but a little distraction with the game now and then was a welcome thing after a hard day?s work. <<That new guy is good, >> he thought as he checked the bets. <<A good runner, he will earn lots of money for me. >> He leaned back in his char and kept on watching his progress. <<Maybe he?ll even become the new champion?>>

<<How long am I already in this labyrinth? How long have I been unconscious? Why am I here? Who did I get here? Would someone miss me and start looking for me? >> He couldn?t remember anything? The labyrinth led him up, down, left, right, forward and back. Often he thought he had been twice or more in the same room, but who can tell if every room looks alike. He didn?t realise, but the labyrinth led him back to where he started. A door to his left opened and revealed the room where he begun, but this time it wasn?t completely dark. A descent light lit up the room from one of the corners. He found a bunk to sleep and food and drink. Since the food was drugged he fell into a restless sleep with some flashbacks? After the night-day rhythm they created he must have been in this damned labyrinth for a few days, he couldn?t tell? the labyrinth became bigger, with traps that became more dangerous every time he entered a new labyrinth. More and more questions came up? what was the purpose of this labyrinth? Who was controlling it? But the most important questions of all these are two: who is he and why is he here.
will he ever find out...

Oben